Saturday, February 26, 2011

Beast of the weeK : TV on the Radio - Will Do

Unrequited love in serenity


                         "
It might be impractical
To seek out a new romance
We won't know the actual
If we never take the chance
I'd love to collapse with you
And ease you against this song
I think we're compatible
I see that you think I'm wrong
                                                                                                "
It took less than 24 hours for TV on the Radio's latest single 'Will Do' sweep the blogosphere, but that is expected when artist of such regard and brilliance hasn't released anything in two years. I was immediately engrossed the instant light-airy, xylophone and revered drums. passed through my headphones. Soon enough Kyp Malone's soulful voice kicks in which  is an amazing compliment to Will Do's poppy, yet eloquent lyrics. Describing a situation that near anyone can relate - unrequited love. TV on the Radio has taken an unusual minimalist approach with the guitars but the overlaid strings is serene.  The only negative comment I can say is that I must wait until April 14th to hear this album in its entirety.


DnM

No comments:

Post a Comment